Get ready to supercharge your training team with the latest and most innovative AI tools available! With the newest AI tools for training, you'll be able to personalize your learning experiences, build new content, and uplevel your ideas like never before.
There are so many AI tools available, from those that can help you optimize your learning experience platforms to interactive chatbots. Because of that, we focused this post on cutting-edge tools that can help you create and build your training courses. We cover the major AI tools for training to check out and ideas on how to use them. We’ll also discuss the limitations of these tools, and how people and robots are the best mix of all when it comes to creating engaging training for your employees.
🔍 What you’ll find in this post
How to “talk” AI
Before using any of these AI tools for training, be aware that you’ll be learning how to communicate and work with the AI tools themselves. Put simply, you will not be able to type in a few sentences and have fully-finished eLearning courses or graphics churn out.
Remember that we’re talking about tools, which have limitations. While many of these AI tools for training can provide helpful suggestions or starting points for content, they will not produce perfect results, and it will always be up to you to evaluate, fact check, and edit the generated content to achieve the right balance for your business needs.
You’ll also need to learn how to craft effective prompts that give clear and specific instructions to whatever tool you’re using. In general, follow these tips for building prompts:
Be specific and concise: Avoid vague or open-ended questions that can lead to irrelevant responses. Ask direct questions that are focused on the information you want from the tool. You can learn more about that here.
Define your format and focus: Again, be specific, whether you’re working with a drafting or a graphics tool. Do you want a paragraph, a ten-minute long course, or a list of bullet points? Do you want a formal or informal tone? What is your brand’s style or colors?
Provide context: When available, providing context can help these AI tools for training better understand what you are looking for and generate more relevant responses. For drafting tools like ChatGPT, provide relevant information such as your industry, the regulations you must follow, and your company values.
Give examples: Examples of what you’re looking for can help AI tools generate more valuable responses. Consider providing examples of the type of response you are looking for, or examples of similar questions that may be relevant.
Don’t be afraid to rinse and repeat: Often, iteration and refinement are key to getting the best results from any AI tool. Don't be afraid to give feedback, experiment with different prompts, and refine your approach over time.
Ready to get started? We certainly are! These are the best AI tools for training and development that you can use right now, along with ideas for using each one.
ChatGPT and other drafting tools
ChatGPT is an AI language model that can help your team with a variety of training and development tasks. You’ve likely heard a lot about ChatGPT, and you can learn more in our full guide below.
For your team, these are some of the smartest ways to leverage this popular AI tool for training:
- Generating quiz questions: Quickly generate a set of quiz questions related to a specific topic that can help you test learners' knowledge.
- Brainstorming learning scenarios: Have ChatGPT brainstorm ideas for realistic learning scenarios to simulate real-world situations and challenges that you can add to your courses.
- Providing language support: ChatGPT can help to translate content into multiple languages allowing for easier global course rollout. (Again, always check these translations with an expert, though!)
- Generating content summaries: When fed your course content, ChatGPT can generate content summaries that highlight the key points of a lesson or module.
- Creating content outlines: ChatGPT can generate content outlines for eLearning courses, based on your general ideas or already-developed content, helping you to organize and structure your material in a clear and effective manner no matter the length of the course.
- Developing topic ideas: Know that you need to develop safety training or another big-umbrella topic? Ask ChatGPT to brainstorm all the topics the course should cover based on your workplace, location, industry, and more.
Of course, ChatGPT isn’t the only language AI modeling tool. You can also find writing and drafting support at:
- FreeQuillbot: This AI writing generator can generate text, sentences, articles, headers, titles, lists, and paragraphs depending on your choice.
- Smodin: A free AI writer and text generator that generates high-quality, unique essays and articles, with easy-to-use AI copywriting.
- PicsArt AI Writer: This tool generates marketing copy, slogans, product descriptions, LinkedIn headlines, Instagram captions, and more that you can use to internally market your training courses.
- Grammarly: Download the desktop app to seamlessly get feedback and grammar support on your written content.
- Copy.ai: This is an AI-powered writing generator that creates marketing copy for emails, social posts, and other short content (like microlearning) with just a few clicks.
👉Discover more: Read our full post on ChatGPT for training here. In it, we cover its potential uses, drawbacks, and more.
Illustration and graphic AI tools for training
Many eLearning courses and modules rely on visuals and graphics to convey key points or provide color to training. Some AI tools that can help you create more visuals include:
DALL-E 2: This AI tool can create photorealistic images based on prompts. It can also produce images with specific artistic styles, modify existing images, and more.
Midjourney: This AI program generates images from natural language descriptions or "prompts.” With Midjourney, users can collaborate to create new worlds, fantastic characters, and unique imagery from short text descriptions.
DreamStudio: This is an online tool that creates realistic images, art, and animations from natural language descriptions using AI technology based on Stable Diffusion's text-to-image model.
Think beyond basic images. You can also use these tools to automate the process of creating and formatting charts, graphs, and other data visualizations, saving time and increasing accuracy for your team.
Note: Carefully review the terms and conditions of any graphics-generating AI websites for potential copyright issues. While AI-generated images are not copyrightable, a lot of the art fed into an AI is copyrighted and some sites don’t follow copyright rules. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of legal gray area, which will continue as these types of tools become more popular.
Video AI tools for training
Because of the processing time required for video, AI video tools are still in their infancy. A few tools can help your team create short videos, especially those that rely on text and simple graphics. More importantly, they can also help you edit videos or save time on other routine video tasks.
Check out these video AI tools to help your team reduce time during video work:
- Synthesia: This tool allows you to create videos using digital avatars with voiceovers in multiple languages.
- Runway: Generate simple, creative videos, erase anything from your video footage, or easily remove a background from your videos.
- Wisecut: Use this AI video editing tool to remove long pauses, add background music, and include subtitles to create engaging videos.
Voiceover AI tools for training
Voiceover audio can make your courses more accessible and offer a more immersive experience. Voiceover talent will still play a large role for some situations, offering creative and rich audio for your courses and videos. However, voiceover AI tools can be helpful for straightforward courses or short microlearning resources.
Some AI tools to look into include Eleven Labs, LOVO AI, and Speechify. Each has its own benefits, and all have free options to try.
Use these AI voiceover tools to generate high-quality, human-like voiceover for your courses and to save time and resources that would otherwise be spent recording and editing audio. Other ways to use these tools include:
- Generating multilingual content: AI voiceover tools can generate voiceover in multiple languages, which is essential for global companies with a diverse workforce.
- Personalizing content: Generate personalized voiceover for learners, such as addressing learners by name or providing customized feedback based on their performance.
- Developing text-to-speech scripts: AI voiceover tools can easily convert written text into spoken words, making it easier for learners to consume content in a variety of formats.
👉Discover more: Learn more on how to manage eLearning localization for your global employees in our full guide.
Towards the future
Because the possibilities feel limitless, it’s easy to think that AI tools for training are an automatic solution for developing any type of training or professional resources. That’s simply not the case.
Like any technology, these AI tools are best used by creative experts in the field to maximize their output, brainstorm new ideas, and automate routine or boring tasks. They can’t replace the strategic insights and creative ideas that learning experts bring to the table. And they can’t ensure that content is correct and in line with your business policies.
In fact, Harvard Business Review found that in a study involving 1,500 companies that robots and humans working together was the best approach, noting:
“Firms achieve the most significant performance improvements when humans and machines work together. Through such collaborative intelligence, humans and AI actively enhance each other’s complementary strengths: the leadership, teamwork, creativity, and social skills of the former, and the speed, scalability, and quantitative capabilities of the latter. What comes naturally to people (making a joke, for example) can be tricky for machines, and what’s straightforward for machines (analyzing gigabytes of data) remains virtually impossible for humans. Business requires both kinds of capabilities.”
At EdgePoint, we’re excited about the future of AI tools in training, too. Robots and humans working together makes sense, and we know that collaboration will shape the training industry in the future.
If you’re thinking about dipping your toe in the AI waters to build your next course, let’s do it together. We can help you build and roll out eLearning courses, modules, and just-in-time training resources for your team.